Thursday, January 22, 2009

Up and Down the Aisle

Being a fairly frequent globetrotter with fast-twitch fibers always poses problems on long international flights. Those of us who find it nearly impossible to sit still for a half an hour, much less 9 or more of them, often have no other reprieve to offer our restless legs than walking up and down the narrow aisle of the airplane. I’ve been known to speed walk around the baggage carousel upon arrival with an unabashedly relieved look on my face.


Every time I see a driveway with two cars sitting outside a 2-car garage, I can’t help but assume their garage looks like what my folks’ used to. There’s no way either car would be located in there, and in fact there was no unclaimed space save an aircraft cabin width-like aisle that moved from the door to the far wall. If yours is similarly cluttered and constrained, a visit to Cymax Stores is long overdue.


I made the association after one of my brief returns from Asia years back, when my mother suggested I place some of my left-behind belongings in the garage as my room was in a state of disarray unbecoming of the “guest room” it now was. As I took an armful of items through the garage door, there I was again. I remember having kind of a strange recent deja-vu feeling as I negotiated the narrow strip, deciding where I would pile my stuff on top of the mixed strew of items that belonged in the garage and the majority that would normally be inside the house.


I was making my way from end of the 747 to the other all over again, albeit with the uniform rows of cramped seats replaced fallen-from-favor furniture, tools of all sorts and more non-descript boxes than you could count.


The pant-wearing one (will leave unnamed) of the two put an end to the mess shortly thereafter by means of a large garage sale. However, if you’re similarly overrun in your garage with little to nothing you’re willing to part with, do visit Cymax Stores. An Ameriwood Garage Wall Cabinet is an affordable and space-efficient means of beginning to restore order. An Ameriwood Tool Hutch is similarly practical way to keep your crescent wrenches and the like off the floor and easily located when you need to perform an oil change in the driveway.


I remember a friend who compared the chaos of his father’s garage to the Death Star trash compactor. What a great and yet decidedly uncomplimentary image, almost as if you could see Chewie picking up an inoperative weed whacker right before a tentacle pulls Luke down into a mound of semi-full peat moss sacks.


Prevent your kids from likening your garage to the refuse pit of an intergalactic space station with any one of the Ulti-MATE storage cabinets that offer extensive storage capacity and the durable thermo-fused PVC laminate exterior needed to survive in such a tough environment. Adjustable shelving means you might even be able to tuck a few of those contents-unknown boxes in there as well.


And for those who are content with the clutter, be sure not to impede the beverage trays.

No comments: