Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sit, Don’t Kneel

Okay, I’ll admit it; my place isn’t exactly kid friendly. But it does have a television, a sofa, chairs, other handy pieces of furniture like a coffee table and board games such as Scrabble and Monopoly. So, imagine my surprise when two of my nieces and one nephew (all siblings) came to visit me with their mother (my sister), lugging game chairs with them. Shaking her head when she saw my face, my sister explained the situation to me.

The last two times they had come to visit, her children had had to kneel on the floor (it’s carpeted) when they played their favorite video game while the adults made coffee and chatted in the kitchen. She finally cajoled them into coming by suggesting that they load up the car with their personal game chairs. Cajoled? Weren’t they coming to see their favorite aunt? As my nephew, with his sisters following close behind, made his way into my living room, my sister smiled at my naiveté. Like the X Rocker V-Rocker SE Wireless Game Chair what he sat down on my living room floor resembled something out of a 757 jet cockpit.

When I voiced this opinion out loud, my sister assured that that was nothing. Her son really wanted the Repose E-1000 Entertainment Chair which had a built-in stereo system designed to, when watching movies or playing games, let you experience sound rather than just hear it. It’s also fully contoured, making it really comfortable when gaming for long periods of time. I asked her if she was kidding; my sister assured me that she was not.

My two nieces had managed to find room beside their brother for their own gaming chairs. When my younger niece went into the kitchen for a glass of juice, I promptly sat down in hers. Resembling the X Rocker Video Bag it was really comfortable and reminded me of my youth and the first time I ever sat in a bean bag chair at a party. For a few minutes, I watched my nephew intently blow things up. Then my niece returned and of course my sister had to help me up.

Next visit, I plan remove all of the living room furniture and move in three state-of-the-art Playseats Evolution Game Chairs. That should catch their attention (and make them notice their favorite aunt).

No comments: