Friday, February 27, 2009

Step On It

I have a tree growing in the middle of my living room. Somehow, the tree on the area rug in my living room ended up being perfectly centered in the middle of the space. Walk into the room and there it is: the base of the tall, gnarly tree starts at edge of the rug facing the door and branches out, reaching toward the balcony windows. The colors are muted but rich; deep brown tree trunk, burgundy apples and teal leaves on a soft tan background.

When I first moved into the apartment, I entertained the vague hope that I could somehow resurrect the oriental carpet I had inherited from my grandmother. But no such luck: I resigned myself to buying a new one when the backing began to seriously disintegrate. I chose the tree rug because it seemed hopeful, representing growth and change.

If you’re facing a similar predicament, Klaussner Furniture Store can help. Featuring Klaussner Home Furnishings, from bedroom sets to dining tables to living room furniture, you will also find a fine selection of area rugs.

The right area rug, like the Klaussner Furniture The Simple Life Rug, with its soothing earth tone hues, can instantly set the mood and bring harmony to a room’s décor. For something a little more traditional, the Klaussner Furniture Rug has an oriental rug feel. To make maintaining the area carpet easier, Klaussner rugs do not have fringes.

An area rug, no matter if it’s a solid color or has a tree theme, creates a mood and adds character, while making the room warm and inviting.

No comments: