Monday, November 22, 2010

Save Time and Money with a Bedroom Set

Whenever I used to think of bedroom furniture sets, I thought of the outdated, matchy-matchy faux-wood sets with which my great-aunt used to furnish her house. I found them all a bit ugly and uninspiring growing up. However, nowadays, it seems that bedroom sets are back in style thanks to the quality and huge range in style available. Not only that, there are sets that fit EVERY budget and every taste. Plus, it takes the guesswork out of setting a theme or style for your room for those of you who are design-challenged (I admit, I am, but I’m making a conscious effort to learn).

When I say that there’s a bedroom set out there for EVERY one, I mean it. Let’s take a look at some popular styles:



Bunk Bed Sets – the name gives it away; this is a set for children and teens. Bunk bed sets will come with the beds as well as matching furniture. Believe it or not, the styles are very kid- and teen-friendly. From modern aluminum finishes for the teenager, to whimsical white lacquer finishes for younger children. Plus, bunk bed sets sometimes comes with a matching desk – so the kids have no excuse for incomplete homework!

5 Piece Bedroom Set –the more typical bedroom set that comes with five pieces of furniture: bed panel/frame/headboard, 2 nightstands, 1 dresser, 1 mirror. Styles and finishes are practically limitless.

Platform Bedroom Set – instead of a traditional bed frame, platform bedroom sets come with platform bed frame.

Kids’ Bedroom Set – smaller furniture that comes in styles and finishes that children love.

If you do not have the resources to hire an interior decorator to design the bedrooms in your house, I highly recommend purchasing a good quality bedroom set instead!

No comments: