Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Preparing Your Room for the Upcoming Professional Sports Season


I’ve mentioned that I recently moved, and my roommate and I are in the process of furnishing the place. Right now we are focusing on the Living/Entertainment room because we are eager to have guests over.

With Fall upon us, I’m starting to see plenty of tweets about the upcoming NHL pre-season show up in my stream. One thing I look forward to this winter is just hanging out with my friends on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday night, relaxing with snacks and watching the game. This got me thinking about some essential pieces of furniture needed in your entertaining space, to make sports game watching as comfortable and as fun as possible. Here are my top 5 essential pieces that every sports media room should have:

1. Recliner – Recliners the staple of the entertainment room. They are comfortable and adjust to your desired sitting level, so you can literally just put your feet up, lean back and enjoy the game. Consider a recliner that contains a cup holder for your beverage. There also exists the sofa recliner, so that more than one person can have the recliner experience in one chair.

2. Ottoman – Those that aren’t sitting in a recliner chair can still put their feet up on an ottoman. Storage ottomans will allow you to quickly stash away clutter before guests arrive.

3. Flat Screen HDTV – Any kind of TV will do, but new High Definition technology allows you to almost feel like your at the game.

4. Surround sound – Enhances the total viewing experience – it’s like the crowd is right in your living room!

5. Mini fridge – Avoid missing those crucial, game-changing plays when you have to go to the kitchen to refill drinks by having the fridge right in the room with you!

If you have these items in your rec, media, family or living room – be warned, during play-offs, you might never get your guests to leave!

-M

No comments: